KeeAgent is a plugin for KeePass 2.x that allows SSH keys stored in a KeePass database to be used for SSH authentication by other programs.
- Store your SSH private keys in your KeePass 2.x database and use KeePass as your SSH agent (replaces Pageant on Windows).
- Keys can be configured to automatically load when a KeePass database is opened and unload when the database is closed/locked.
- Cross-platform: work on Windows/Linux/Mac.
- Supports both PuTTY and OpenSSH private key formats.
- Supports SSH1 and SSH2 keys.
- SSH2 key formats include RSA, DSA, ECDSA and Ed25519.
- Works with both PuTTY (and PuTTY compatible programs) and Cygwin/Msys on Windows.
- Works with native SSH agent on Linux/Mac.
- And more!
- KeePass >= 2.19
- .NET >= 4
- Linux / Mac
- Mono >= 2.8 and < 3.0 or >= 3.2 (Will not work on Mono 3.0.x due to a bug in Mono)
- ssh-agent (required for KeeAgent client mode)
If you are upgrading from a version < 0.5.0, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!